Tuesday, July 26, 2005

THE MEET

DATE - 24th of July 2005
TIME - 3:00 PM
VENUE - Cafe Coffee Day ( J'nagar 7th blk )
OCCASION - FIRST EVER BLOGGERS MEET IN B'LORE :))
ATTENDEES:

SRINI (Stream of Cons.....)- Unconsciousness suits better i guess.. :P
(Irish coffee surely makes him loose his senses! )

KESHAV( Heart Out ) - Even with his Heart "OUT" no one is ready to take it :P
(Is it so!!??)

RAJENDRA ( Smile pleeaase )- Ya ya.. after meeting u, u really have to "TRY HARD" to
Smile.. :P ( You will just laugh.. hehe )

NAREN( SOMEWHERE I BELONG )- Everywhere else i get kicked out.. ;-))

And so it happened... on the date and time specified.. ( Knowing that nothing happens on time these days! )!!

My plans for the sunday were simple.. stay and home and in the evening go and pick my aunt from Devanahalli (40 kms away from b'lore). So I thought I wont be able to make it to the meet... Later during the day, at 2:00pm, Mom said I can go out to the meet and come back and pick my aunt in the evening!! Yippeee.. I would be able to make it to the meet anyways! :)) I started at 2:45... I stay in Mahalakshmi layout, which is around 20-25 kms away from the place of the meet. And it was raining soooo heavily!!! I had to drive that very carefuly and hence slowly..

I reached the CCD at 3:10 or so... Srini and Keshav were already there, happily sipping into their Irish Coffee's ( It contains minute quantity of RUM in it... thats the reason they were happy! ). So.. we finished off with the initial introductions, and then started talking abt all possible things.. Formula-1 (my fav :)), Football, Guitaring, Metal bands, Ghazals... etc etc etc!!! We had so much to talk abt.. still a lot left....

Then came Rajendra.. Strange thing was, I had got a call and went out of the CCD to attend the call as there was a lot of noise inside the place. There i saw a guy trying desperately to get rid of the water from hair, shirt, pant and what not!! I just watched him dance (If u can call it so..) and continued the conversation.. After finishing the talk i go back to table and now there were 3 ppl. The guy i just saw dancing was there along with Srini and Keshav. Then i realised the dancing guy could only be Rajendra!!!! I went there and we both introduced ourselves.. Keshav was busy with his second mug of Irish Coffee... i think the rum in his coffee was too much and really got into him.. hehe...

So after the drinks (oops coffee), Keshav decided to attack me (I was defending F-1).. He started "Dont you think its such a waste to use soo much resources, fossil fuels, time etc to run around a single track for 70 odd times.. going round and round and round... ( err.. his head was actually doing it.. too much rum u see..) ... anyways.. is it all worth it??".
Me knowing the Keshav had enough of the drink for the day decided not to attack back, coz the next attack from keshav could well be physical!! I replied saying "Look.. I totally agree with you that its a royal waste of natural resuorces... but its not without any use at all.. For one thing the way those things(F-1 cars) are designed, the technology... the speed those things acheive, the safety of the cokpit.. the revs the engine runs.. the complexity of the electrical systems.. the compactness.. the aerodynamics.. engineering gets into tyres!!! the amount of controls on the steering wheel.. wheew.. (By now i could see the daazed look on the three faces.. trick had worked.. hehe).. So.. i just follow F-1 because of the technology and not to support wastage of resources.. And as far as F-1 is concerned.. for the companies to actually develop all these super fundu gadgets and electronics... nothing motivates better than a competition which the Formula-1 arena is providing them with. There is lot of money involved and its helping the technology to improve.. Its true its no use developing fast cars as they are not of much use other than racing.. but if they build safety measures for accidents at that speed, imagine how safe you will be in your car at normal speed.. ofcors the car manufacturers who build passenger cars build the race cars as well!!!"

After this reply (Speech one would say..) no one wanted to get the two ( "F" and "1" ) together until we said adios.. I was happy as well.. hehe.. Then the discussion started abt music (Srini had got 4 coupons for jukebox).. what kind of music we like.. I am a mixed bag.. i can listen to anything that is melodious.. and i love METALLICA.. Srini also loves classical music (He just never tells anyone) and more of metal amd rock... Rajendra was the "IndiPOP" guy and Keshav the "Ghazals" guy... Srini went on and dedicated the song "Sweet Child 'O Mine" to the bloggers.. and I chose "Master of Puppets" (Which was too heavy for others liking).. I was also attending few phone calls, at which Srini and Keshav were eying soo enviously ( Drunk ppl... cant help :P). After this the discussion moved on to football and lots of other stuff..

At around 5:45, i took at look at my watch and i couldnt believe the time!! Time flew by so fast i wasnt even aware. i had almost forgotten that i had to get back home and go pick my aunt!! So i said bye bye to the bloggers and started in 15 mins after that.. But . Whoa.. what a meet it was.. too good.. The best part was that it was soo easy to get going.. no probs at all... I would say the FIRST BLOGGERS MEET ROCKED!!!!... We should do this more often with more ppl and the BLOGGERS MEET WILL ALWAYS BE ROCKING! :))))

11 Comments:

Blogger Keshav said...

I admit Irish Coffee does get me to a high!! But what about a fresh discussion on the futility of Formula 1, especially now when I haven't had any coffee!!
:P

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Keshav - No probs dude.. anytime you like.. say next Bloggers Meet? or on the blog itself?!?! you choose ;-))

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

ya - very important to have discussion when not drunk! i'm in my senses now! start!

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Srini - Are you sure you are in your senses.. I dont have a prob having a discussion anytime. I am in my senses always!! Now you ppl had few qns.. Shoot! :))

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Raju PP said...

Last 2 sentences make sense... all others are crap ;-p

Tuesday, July 26, 2005  
Blogger Raju PP said...

i understand how frustrating it shud be to have travelled 25 kms... but dont u feel it was a worth, esp u say my jig in front of CCD :p:p

Wednesday, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Raju - Dude.. Nothing is crap in there.. esp ur dancing part is the best.. and u know what, travelling 25 kms was and is never frustrating to me :))). I Love driving :)) and as said before ur dance justified the long journey! hehe... :P

Wednesday, July 27, 2005  
Blogger Raju PP said...

thx a lot kano [>:D<]
u r "marketing" my dance free of cost ;)

Saturday, July 30, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Raju - No probs.. I take this oppurtunity then to declare to all the folks about your "DANCE PERFORMANCE" in the next bloggers meet :)) .. what say?!

Monday, August 01, 2005  
Blogger Murali said...

hello naren,
First post in ur blog ever!

I am srini's friend...

Nice post! Hope to make it to he next blogger's meet!

Friday, August 05, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@murali - Welcome to my blog :).. I am not sure if I know you, anyways we will meet in the next "Bloggers Meet" I hope :)

Friday, August 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home