Thursday, July 21, 2005

A day that was....

Hi,
Its been some time since my last post.. its been very hectic at office. Hopefully i can take a breather now!
BTW it was my Birthday yesterday. Quite an eventful day it was. Actually i reached home the previos day only at 11:50!!! just in time to be at home at 12:00!!
Let me first explain why i came back so late. I had some extra work on 19th, so had to miss the office cab at 6:30. I finished with my work at around 8:30 or so.. Now i had to book a city taxi to reach home. I called up this "Spot City Taxi" and asked if they could send a taxi.. the guy at the other end told that there was none at that moment and asked me try again after 10 mins. I decided not to wait and call up "City Safari".. this time he told me that the taxi will be arriving in another 30 mins! I thought job done and started waiting.... 30 mins, 45 mins, 1 hour.. no taxi!!! I had been calling the guy every 15 mins.. everytime he said it will take just 5 more mins! at 10:30, i got very irritated and started shouting at the operator.. he just said the taxi wont come and slammed down the reciever!!!! How insane!!!! Whatever.. There were 2 of my friends from office also waiting.. I called "Spot City Taxi" again. and this time he told me he will send a taxi rite away and it will take 20 mins! Again we waited.. and it was real cold outside.. and we went back into office, we ended up waiting till 11:00 when the taxi arrived!!

I thought i will get wished in the city taxi only at 12:00 ( would have been quite interesting actually ;-D ) .. But at 11:50 i reached home.. then started the flow of phone calls... wow.. i was totally excited.. my friend who is currently in US, also called me up at 12.. Thank you Swacko!!! Thank you to all who wished me!

Birthday started pretty early only.. got ready and went to temple.. started to office and reached office at around 10 in the morning.. The issues started to flow.. i knew the day will be hectic! Amidst all that my team people managed to kick me royally for my birthday ;-).. and then went out for lunch.. got sweets for office people.. Afternoon actually had nothing to do.. so thought will leave office and catch up with few friends atleat.. but as it was a weekday everyone was busy in office.. so decided to stay back in office only.. left office at 7:00 pm and reached home at 8:30... ( Distance from office to home is 28 kms.. and i have a santro but i drove ever so slowly :-D ..) Dad had got a cake to cut!! kewl.... Had fun.. then few good phone calls and then dinner.. I was totally tired and sleepy.. still managed to talk to few friends before sleeping.. Eventually slept off at 11:30 pm...

Good day!! A day that was.... "My Birthday"

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

@heap - Thank you! :) .. Was busy till now.. will update blog regularly here after...

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

swacko called??? cool
but avanajji, he wont call any of us!!!!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@srini - Yeah.. gr8 that he remembered and called!! anyways.. he called me as it was my b'day.. or else he is sending mails no!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Sub Zero said...

Boss Srini, we know there are other more "interesting" people from whom you get calls ;-))

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

lets not go there! and for now i don't have ANY "interesting" people from whom i get calls!

Thursday, July 21, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its ok ppl.. there will be a time for everyone to get their part of "interesting" calls.. provided they treat it as "interesting". Now srini is telling he is not getting any "interesting" calls just because he doesnt think that they are "interesting" calls.. me and giri may not agree :P

Thursday, July 21, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home