Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Frustrating Friday!!

Its been a long time since I last posted.. not that I was really busy or anything, just was too lazy to post :P

I travel to/from the office in the office cab(Tata sumo). I start from my place at 8:30 in the morn and reach office at 10 AM (earliest, 26 kms journey and 6 more ppl to pick up on the way!). Evening we start at 7 or 7-30 and reach home at 8:45 or so... But last friday most of us wanted to leave early .. by 6:45!! But this didnt happen as one person who comes in the cab had some work to do.. So we decided to wait till 7:30... but the work didnt get completed by then!! It seemed like I was the only one interested to go back home!!! And to add to it, the cab guy only had my mobile no and he was repeatedly calling me to hurry up as he had another pick up at 9 PM!

It got to 8:30 and still these ppl were not ready to leave!!! This is was really to the limits... They actually could have let me leave in the cab at 7 and they could have come back later in a city taxi later!! The company anyways re imburses the taxi bill!!! Not to be.. they wanted to me to wait for some unknown reason!! Then at 8:35, this friend of mine tells me that "Its not good to keep the cab guy waiting, ( Me thinking.. yeah thats rite i didnt know that! ) so what we will do is, I will come with the other person (The one workin) in city taxi and you carry on in the cab ( Me thinking again.. Wow, this person is really smart.. he realises things so fast!! ) I didnt have time or not in a mood to reply anything to him.. just rushed down towards the cab where the cab driver was waiting..

We started at 8:45 and the cab guy kept constantly complaining that because of me coming so late it would be impossible for him to get to his next pick up in time! And as it was late, he was pushing the sumo to its maxx limits ( Imagine cab drivers pusihng vehicles to limits as we all know whats normal driving for them! :O ). I couldnt sit steady for 5 secs in the cab.. holding on to the door handles tightly jus to stay sit in the cab!! After we reached mysore road which is half way to home from office the cab guy told me that he would be dropping me there and going to his next pickup from there only as it was too late now for him!! I had no other go than to get off the cab and start looking for an auto at 9:20PM.. I dindt even hear if he said 1.5 times or 2 times the meter charge. I was so furious with everything.. Now thinking it seems all tooo silly to get angry.. but then i was really really angry!!!
Reached home at 10:15 pm... finally!! phew..

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sorta thing happens everywhere. Im also goin thru similar kinda frustration ;the delay being caused by the management itself . We had to wait for half an hour(after work)in the night after 12 pm , to get the cab arranged.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Silly - Hmm.. frustrating isnt it...

Thursday, October 06, 2005  
Blogger Murali said...

Wow! No matter whether u were right or wrong in being angry, u depicted the situation very well in words ! kudos to that...

And anger is a very difficult thing to control once u have it in ur head i agree... control if possible should be before that stage only i,e. don let urself get angry!!

Thursday, October 20, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Murali - Thanks da.. Its more frustrating.. but you are right.. no point getting angry ... now I no longer care.. I do what I want :)

Thursday, October 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home